The Nimbus shown with a 20
mm machine gun was part of a gun group. A group consisted
of two bikes; the gun bike and an ammunition
bike. The machine
gun was a Danish M/1938 which were mounted on a field
60 rounds of ammunition were carried on the gun bike, and
further 180 rounds on the ammunition bike.
Wheels were stored on the sidecar of the ammunition bike
and could be mounted on the gun in order to move the gun
from the sidecar and into a covered position. If needed
the gun could be fired while still mounted on the
The effective range was 1.800 meters.
Development of the machine-gun took place from the mid
1920´s, and sales started from 1930. In 1939 exported to
more than 22 countries around the world.
The first Danish customer was the Navy.
The above shown configuration appeared for the first time